We are experienced in all transactions including the sale and purchase of commercial or industrial property, leasing, licencing, subdivisions and property development.
In the dynamic property market, individuals and businesses need to be able to access comprehensive legal services, often within tight timeframes. Our Property team is known for its quick grasp of our clients’ commercial objectives, as well as the legal and commercial issues associated with the property market.
The Cornwalls Property team has a strong background in providing comprehensive legal services to the property sector, particularly through our development, leasing, property syndication and transaction expertise.
We are committed to providing our clients with a commercially focused service. Our expertise covers the acquisition and disposal of retail, commercial and industrial and residential properties, as well as commercial and residential development including retail shopping centres, multi-level residential projects, broad acre subdivisions, large format retail centres, resorts, hotels and business parks. We have particular knowledge of the due diligence required in these matters and the commercial imperatives our clients wish to achieve.
Our team advises a wide range of private and commercial clients, including national and international public and private retailers, developers, funds, banks, hoteliers and investors. Through our experience, knowledge and contacts in both the Sydney and Melbourne property sectors, we also identify opportunities for our clients.
We offer a national service and can advise clients on issues arising in jurisdictions other than Victoria
- Adverse possession
- Body corporate, owners corporations, strata title, establishment, rules advice and dispute resolution
- Boundary realignment
- Commercial and retail landlord and tenant disputes and mediations
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing
- Compulsory acquisition
- Franchising advice
- Owners corporation establishment, special rules, advice and dispute resolution
- Planning and planning objections
- Property joint ventures
- Sale and purchase of aged care facilities
- Sale and purchase of agricultural land
- Sale and purchase of hotels and other specialised properties in the hospitality industry
- Sale and purchase of industrial property and commercial property
- Sale and purchase of residential property (nationally)
- Structures for property development
- Telecommunications leasing (nationally)
- Transfers of property to and from trusts and SMSFs
- Trust advice
Our Property team has acted in the full range of residential, industrial, commercial and rural property matters for both the private and public sector. Recent highlights of our work include:
- Advising on the acquisition of a $50 million industrial site in western Sydney, as well as its subsequent subdivision and sale, including advice on contamination issues
- Advising on the acquisition of a $25 million site for the development of a shopping centre, cinema, hotel and residential units
- Advising on the acquisition of a $12 million industrial site at Seven Hills as part of a joint venture between a developer and utility provider (Integral Energy) for a commercial/industrial development, which included negotiating a joint venture agreement
- Advising lessors on a 20 year lease of substantial industrial premises in western Sydney to a major US car parts manufacturer; a 15 year lease of major manufacturing premises in western Sydney to a steel components producer; and a 20 year lease of a large warehouse and office facility in north-west Sydney to an international pharmaceutical company
- Advising on the acquisition of large areas of land on the north coast of NSW on behalf of the NSW Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources for dedication as a national park
- Advising the NSW Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources on a conflict between terms in the Manly Local Environment Plan and a restrictive covenant regarding land at Seaforth
- Advising the NSW Department of Education and Training on asbestos in school grounds
- Conducting due diligence on a proposed acquisition and acting on the acquisition of four major and regional shopping centres in Victoria and the ACT
- Advising on the acquisition of broad-acre lands and the subdivision into multiple (many hundreds) residential allotments and contract preparation for transacting house and land package sales throughout Victoria
- Advising on and preparing contracts and documents for a multi-level residential apartment complex.