Our Asia Service Desk provides the expertise, experience and support for Asian clients’ needs in this rapidly evolving Australian business environment. We are known for our close relationships with foreign commercial partners and our strategic approach to accessing the Australian market.
Our team at the Asia Service Desk helps our Asian clients access the Australian commercial sphere. We are experienced in assisting clients with all aspects of commercial law – in particular with successful IPOs and ASX listings – and we also help Chinese and other Asian companies to enter the Australian market.
We operate with efficiency and competitiveness to deliver real value to our clients. Our team draws on extensive expertise and utilises our unique position in the market to ensure that we are always the best at what we do. We aim to keep processes simple and streamlined for our clients.
The Asia Service Desk has strong relationships with key people in the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the ASX. We are also known for our close relationships with foreign commercial partners, and we have strong ties with prominent Chinese accounting firms and fund management companies.
We work closely with our clients and regulatory bodies to ensure that we always provide the best outcome for our clients. We guide our Asian clients through the process of operating and transacting in Australian jurisdictions, and we have the experience to support them through all aspects of corporate and commercial transactions.
As a member of ALFA International, we are able to utilise our foreign affiliates to ensure that we are always available to our clients – including for any outbound transactions into Asia.
We are highly skilled in a broad range of expertise that’s critical to our clients’ success, and we have advised on a range of cross-border transactions.
In addition, we provide professional services in the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien.
- Banking and finance (fund and fintech)
- Body corporate
- Capital raisings
- Corporate and structure advice
- Dispute resolution
- Employment and industrial relations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Property development and acquisitions
Recent work includes:
- advising a Chinese group in obtaining a controlling stake of an ASX listed company (works performed include due diligence negotiation, legal documentation, Chapter 6 advice and ASX Listing Rules implications)
- advising a large meat manufacturer from China in the acquisition of a series of cattle farms (due diligence, negotiations, structure advice for tax and FIRB purposes, FIRB advice and approval, legal documentation)
- assisting a large Chinese development company in the acquisition and disposal of a development site in South Melbourne (size around 55m)
- advising various Chinese entities in their proposals for ASX listing / backdoor listing
- advising various Asian entities in their acquisitions of businesses and assets across various industries such as education, information technology, medical technology, agriculture, childcare and aged care, healthcare, and energy and resources.