We provide clients with expert advice on all taxation matters. Our advice is delivered in a practical and commercially minded manner, and our experts comprise talented legal and accounting professionals.
All Australian business entities, their directors and management and their internal and external advisers, must have an up to the minute appreciation of all tax laws and practices and how to apply these to their commercial transactions.
It is imperative to have access to the best advice available, to manage the risk and ensure that transactions will not be derailed by unanticipated tax consequences. We work with our clients to ensure that all tax related issues in a transaction are dealt with effectively, commercially and consistently with the prevailing tax law.
The complexity of tax law demands a high degree of specialisation. We have a dedicated Tax Law group that focuses on the following areas:
- investigations and audits undertaken by revenue authorities
- international cross-border transactions
- private equity transactions (mergers, acquisitions, group restructuring and financing structures)
- income tax, with a focus on capital gains tax, trusts, consolidations, corporations, and goods and services tax
- tax treatment of charitable and religious institutions, and not-for-profit organisations
- general income tax
- succession planning and intergenerational asset transfers.