We understand construction projects and disputes. We focus on providing a competitive advantage for our clients, often using creative or alternative approaches to achieve the best solution.
Cornwalls caters for every level of the building and construction sector, providing a full range of front-end, back-end and regulatory services. We understand construction projects and disputes. We provide practical, clear and strategically sound advice.
Our key objectives are first to prevent our clients from having problems, and second, to efficiently resolve any problems that do arise. We focus on providing a competitive advantage for our clients, often using creative or alternative approaches to achieve the best solution.
We help clients establish and negotiate the contractual framework for projects. We advise on the management of risks and other issues during the development, construction and implementation phases. Finally, we help clients resolve their construction disputes whether by negotiation, litigation or other dispute resolution process.
Our team’s strength lies in listening to clients, understanding their commercial drivers, identifying legal risks and providing practical solutions.
Our Building & Construction team members represent every level of the sector, including:
- Principals including federal, state and local governments, statutory authorities, government-owned corporations and local government enterprises and developers
- First and second tier building contractors
- Owners corporations and bodies corporate
- Specialist subcontractors
- Civil contractors
- Construction industry employer organisations
- Private certifiers
- Receivers, managers, administrators and liquidators of construction companies.
We help our clients with a range of projects including:
- Flat land residential developments
- Low-rise and high-rise residential, retail, commercial and mixed-use developments
- Commercial construction projects
- Health and aged care developments
- Infrastructure projects
- Major road, civil and rail infrastructure projects
- Projects in the energy/resources and mining sectors.
We assist our clients with matters such as:
- Pre-contract and tender negotiations
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts
- Ongoing project management advice (especially in relation to distressed projects)
- Payment claims and payment schedules
- Advising on the regulatory issues experienced by building and construction sector participants
- Advising industry participants in relation to insolvency.
- Dispute resolution including:
- Adjudication under the security of payment laws
- Expert determination