Brent is an experienced building, engineering, construction and infrastructure lawyer. His practice covers transactional, litigious and regulatory matters.
The close and trusted relationships he develops with his clients drives him to deliver the best possible outcomes for them.
Brent enjoys many aspects of building and construction law, including the unique benefit of being able to see the tangible result of a complex building contract from your office window.
However the greatest enjoyment he receives lies in helping clients solve issues that can seem insurmountable without an experienced and dedicated lawyer on their side.
Brent’s experience in his principal areas of practice includes:
- preparing construction contracts and agreements between owners, builders and financiers;
- project management advice;
- advising on the regulatory environment surrounding the construction industry;
- acting in all types of construction litigation;
- matters involving insolvency in the construction industry;
- procurement and probity matters (including investigations by the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC));
- policy development and drafting of legislation;
- enforcement of laws;
- litigation including merits review matters, judicial review matters and general litigation.