We have a dedicated commercial technology practice that advises clients on a diverse range of commercial matters and transactions.
Our practice deals with the core areas of commercial technology, including advising clients on: acquiring IT business assets and the entities that hold IT assets; software and services; digital commerce including establishing and utilising e-platforms for the delivery of services ranging from health to insurance; data protection and privacy including dealing with data breaches; and contracting for the development of IT software and infrastructure.
- Competition & Consumer Law
- Data Breach Notifications
- Database Ownership & Privacy Issues
- Digital Commerce
- E-platforms – Financial Services & Health Sectors
- IT Tender Agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Protecting & Exploiting IP
- Public Key Infrastructure (Digital Signature) Documentation
- Software Development Agreements
- Software Licensing & Support Agreements
Our recent experience includes:
- IT procurement projects including the provision of it services to government, engagement of third-party it vendors by an it provider, and procurement of it hardware and software from it providers
- Negotiating and advising on the sale of 50% of an it company operating in the health sector valued at $32.5m, and the subsequent integration of the acquirer with the continuing shareholders
- Negotiating and advising on a partial sale of an artificial reproductive technology business to a publicly listed company at an initial value of $22.5m
- Negotiating and advising on the sale of a process engineering business (oil and gas) with operations in australia and the uae at a combined value of approximately $85m
- Advising on matters relating to the creation and operation of certain e-health platforms (ip, privacy, my health record and general structuring advice)
- Advising directors on the restructuring of a $300m high-tech machine tools business
- Providing documentation and advice in relation to an e-insurance platform.