Anthony has broad experience in advising clients on commercial and domestic construction contracts, defective building works, rectification works and acting on behalf of clients in construction disputes/litigation in VCAT and relevant courts. He acts on behalf of principals, contractors, subcontractors, builders, owners and developers in both front-end matters and back-end disputes.
Anthony takes pride in providing value to his clients by working closely with them to achieve their commercial objectives, minimise risk and in obtaining effective legal solutions.
Anthony’s recent experience includes:
- advising various parties in building disputes involving defective building works claims, repudiation/termination and loss of profits claims in VCAT;
- advising both owners and builders on domestic building contract clauses including substantial breaches and rights of termination;
- advising owners on builder’s warranty insurance claims and insurance policies;
- advising on administration/liquidation of builders;
- acting for principals, contractors and subcontractors in the front-end reviewing, drafting, amending and negotiating of Australian Standard building contracts for commercial projects (including AS4300, AS4902, AS2124 and AS4000);
- advising owners regarding protections works agreements and negotiating with developers;
- acting for principals and consultants in drafting and advising on consultancy agreements;
- arranging the engagement of various building experts in VCAT disputes and building disputes generally;
- instructed Counsel in disputes before VCAT, Magistrates’ Court, County Court, Federal Circuit and Family Court and the Federal Court; and
- appeared at interlocutory hearings, directions hearings, mediations and conciliation conferences.