Carolyn leads a team of lawyers and law clerks who advise Australia’s various telecommunications providers on a wide range of projects, including managed network services and network rollouts. Her work involves drafting, negotiating and advising on leases and other tenure for telecommunications sites. Carolyn is passionate about providing a commercial legal perspective to site acquisition nationally.
Her team is responsible for supporting one of the largest greenfield fixed wireless network builds that Australia has seen since the 1990s, with over 2,000 sites acquired. The team takes an innovative approach to the way it provides legal services in such a challenging and dynamic project, and has developed a process that was uniquely designed for the task.
In addition, Carolyn has in-depth experience in the financial services industry and the ability to advise clients in all areas of commercial lending, including syndicated and construction loans.
- leading the team responsible for procuring the site acquisition legal requirements for a large telecommunications network rollout;
- negotiating for an international telecommunications provider:
- design and construct contracts for hardware, software and services relating to 3G and LTE national rollout;
- contract to enable a large, national telecommunications company to launch a converged IMS solution that will support its future fixed line (NBN) and mobile (VoLTE) services;
- OSS blade services contract and product supply order;
- standard terms and integrated deed framework with a large, national telecommunications company; and
- various global contracts.
- advising financial institutions on debt finance, including construction finance, mezzanine lending and general corporate lending;
- drafting pro forma security documentation for a second-tier lender and advising on its security management arrangements;
- providing reports to lenders and borrowers on financial structuring;
- advising a large private company in a syndicated refinance of approximately $900 million; and
- acting for a multinational civil contracting company in its finance arrangements.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Carolyn is actively involved in fundraising for and an avid supporter of various charities, including the Cancer Council.