Rouzana is a senior leasing lawyer and has acted in a range of retail and commercial leasing matters on behalf of both landlords and tenants.
Her focus is in the telecommunications property space, which involves drafting, negotiating and advising on leases and other forms of tenure for telecommunications sites. She acts for several high-profile carriers.
Rouzana possesses considerable experience in negotiating and drafting lease provisions, advising on complex access and easement arrangements, and ensuring compliance with relevant state and federal legislation across Australia.
On behalf of other clients, Rouzana also acted in matters that involved retail and commercial leasing, conveyancing, debt recovery, costs law and regulation of the legal profession.
Rouzana is fluent in Russian and has some knowledge of French, Ukrainian and Hebrew.
- several telecommunications leasing matters where the relevant site was located within a lot of an existing or proposed plan of subdivision, and the use of common property was required to secure access and lay cable to the site; Rouzana carefully reviewed the site plans and the subdivision legislation to ensure the carrier obtained all required property rights and was not adversely affected by existing or proposed encumbrances; she also prepared the required licences and/ or strata by-laws to secure the necessary property rights over common property;
- a telecommunications leasing matter where the relevant site was partly on a lot in a strata plan and partly within common property, and the strata corporation refused to enter into a lease or licence with respect to the latter part; Rouzana identified the issue by reviewing the site plans and the strata plan, and negotiated clauses in the lease to maximise the carrier’s security of tenure – having regard to the lessor’s interest in the strata corporation;
- a matter where land to be used for the purposes of a fixed wireless site was leased to another party; Rouzana reviewed the existing leasing arrangement and proposed a set of documents and lease amendments required to accommodate the proposed site and access to it across the land;
- various telecommunications leasing matters where negotiations were particularly difficult due to the need to accommodate the respective landlords’ unique requirements; Rouzana proposed out-of-the-box solutions that satisfied both parties, and resolved numerous impasses with landlords and their solicitors;
- several telecommunications leasing matters where numerous parcels of land had to be traversed to reach the subject site; Rouzana reviewed existing easements and implemented strategies that eliminated gaps in the tenant’s ability to access each site;
- the leasing of stores across Australia and overseas for a high-profile retail chain;
- the retail and commercial leasing of tenancies, including to high-profile retailers, for a large property developer and owner of several shopping centres and standalone properties in various Australian states;
- the lease-related aspects of various land and shopping centre sales and purchases throughout Australia; and
- the lease-related aspects of acquisitions of multiple similar businesses by the same purchaser.