Peter’s clients value his ability to identify issues quickly, as well as the practical approach he employs to solve any problems. Peter’s practice focuses on property law, estate planning, probate and estate administration.
He regularly deals with complex wills and estate issues, and he advises on estate planning and business succession. His clients include individuals, public and private companies, statutory authorities, high net worth families and individuals, and not for profit organisations.
Peter has vast expertise in general property law and acts for a range of individuals and businesses, including vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants. His areas of expertise include the acquisition and disposition of all types of property, including leasehold, commercial, freehold, residential and developments.
Moreover, Peter is experienced with matters involving adverse possession and title disputes, and also advises property developers on broad-acre and multi-unit developments for both residential and commercial use.
- acting in the acquisition and disposal of multi-storey city buildings;
- acting for purchasers in various acquisitions and disposals of shopping centres;
- negotiating and managing the sale of the nation-wide property and infrastructure components of the sale of a freight-handling business;
- advising on infrastructure, freight-handling and right to use facilities for an anticipated major development in the Northern Territory; and
- negotiating and drafting complex leases and sub-leases for many businesses.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Peter is a life member of the Northcote Cycling Club, former committee member of the John Street Community Child Care facility, and chair of the St Columbans Mission Society Advisory Committee.