Melissa is a senior property lawyer and has acted in a range of retail and commercial leasing matters on behalf of both landlords and tenants. She also has experience in residential and commercial property development, the acquisition and sale of residential and commercial properties (including retail shopping centres), and planning issues associated with the purchase of businesses.
Her focus is in the telecommunications property space, which involves drafting and advising on leases and other forms of tenure for telecommunications sites. She acts for several high-profile carriers.
In addition, Melissa has advised corporate and commercial clients on various matters including commercial contracts, structuring and restructuring, trade practices, trusts and companies, corporate governance and fundraising.
- in several telecommunications leasing matters
- in the retail and commercial leasing of tenancies, including to high-profile retailers, for a large property developer and owner of several shopping centres and stand-alone properties in various Australian states
- in the lease-related aspects of various land and shopping centre sales and purchases throughout Australia
- in the acquisition and sale of residential and commercial properties, including retail shopping centres
- for landlords and tenants regarding premises in strip shopping centres and major shopping complexes, including major bulky goods shopping complexes.
Memberships and Associations
- Victoria Racing Club
- Bachelor of Laws (La Trobe University)
- Certificate IV in Human Resources (Australian Human Resources Institute)
- Graduate Certificate of Human Nutrition (Deakin University)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice