Zhe is a banking and finance lawyer with experience in Australia and New Zealand. His areas of practice include general corporate finance, property finance and receivables finance. He also speaks Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
Prior to joining Cornwalls, Zhe practised in New Zealand for 5 years in general corporate & commercial law, banking & finance law, property law and insurance law. Zhe’s broad experience has taught him to identify issues that matter and deal with them pragmatically and efficiently.
Zhe’s recent experience includes:
- acting for alternate financiers on property financing matters, including negotiating and documenting loan and security documents, and advising on mortgage and Personal Property Securities Act priority issues;
- acting for a receivables financier on the refinance of a circa $30m working capital facility for a labour hire business;
- documenting complex subordination documents for a note issuer in the property development space; and
- negotiating and advising the borrower on a circa $8m business loan facility.
During his career, Zhe has also been involved in:
- acting for a group of New Zealand companies affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to hibernate NZ$11m worth of debt under an unprecedented debt moratorium regime; and
- acting for a New Zealand bank and alternate financiers on various property finance deals.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Zhe is passionate about the community and has previously volunteered at his local community law centre. On a pro bono basis, he has also advised on and negotiated settlements for those affected by the 2011 Canterbury earthquakes.