Engaging today’s law students to create tomorrow’s leaders
Cornwalls recognises the important role the graduate program has to offer our firm. The Graduate program has been the entry point for many of our current partners, and it provides law graduates with a real experience: an opportunity to grow into a great lawyer, working alongside some of the best lawyers in town.
Our trainees will acquire real skills demanded from the very best lawyers. As a graduate, you will spend time in several different areas of practice, gaining valuable experience in client service, file management, time management, drafting and problem solving.
When a law graduate joins the firm, they will:
Graduate Key Dates
Applications for our Melbourne 2021 Traineeship program are now closed. Successful applicants have been contacted directly.
For further information, please contact Fiona Thomas, HR Manager, at email@example.com
What we look for
We look for well-rounded graduates with:
- varied life experiences, including previous work experience (legal and/or non-legal) as well as outside interests
- a personable, engaging and driven approach
- a strong and consistent academics record, and an involvement in extra-curricular activities
- excellent communications skills, including language and interpersonal skills
- a creative mind and a passion for technology and innovative
- an understanding of the changing legal landscape.
Seasonal clerkship program (Melbourne only)
Each year in Melbourne, we offer a seasonal clerkship program that coincides with the summer university semester break. Our seasonal clerkship program gives law students the opportunity to experience life at Cornwalls.
Our program includes :
- A four week placement
- A structured induction program
- Exposure to real work on real files – this may include drafting correspondence and documents, observing lawyers in meetings, conferences, mediations or at court, and undertaking research tasks.
- An extensive support network, including an allocated mentor and buddy for guidance and support
- Participation in practice group training sessions, practical workshops and law graduate development sessions
- An opportunity to build your networks through meeting various partners and lawyers
After completing your clerkship with the firm, you’ll have the opportunity to express interest in being considered for a graduate role within the firm.