Veronica is an employment lawyer who has a range of experience in employment-related matters, with a focus on assisting clients with employment disputes and resolutions.
She works regularly on unfair dismissal and general protections disputes, terminations, workplace investigations, preparation of policy and contract documentation, and modern slavery compliance.
Veronica is not a believer in a “one size fits all” approach and, therefore, offers tailored support and advice to her clients based on their specific needs.
Veronica’s recent experience includes:
- assisting a company in defending a discrimination claim made in the Australian Human Rights Commission;
- advising a start-up organisation on the application of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and preparing all relevant employment documentation;
- providing advice and preparing new workplace behaviour policies in light of the introduction of the positive duty requirement on employers;
- assisting a company and its employee in defending a claim brought by a former employer for breaches of post-employment obligations; and
- assisting a foreign-owned subsidiary in undertaking a legally privileged workplace investigation and providing advice on the findings of the investigation.
Veronica volunteers as Secretary and Social Media Co-ordinator for the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon – Northern Metro Branch, which is currently raising funds for vital medical equipment required by hospitals in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne.