Stebin is a Banking and Finance, and Fintech lawyer with an extensive commercial background in finance, technology and innovation.
Stebin has experience advising borrowers and lenders (both institutional and private lenders) on a range of financing arrangements including property, receivables, equipment and corporate financing.
As a FinTech lawyer, he regulatory advices FinTech, Crypto and other companies on navigating and complying with the Australian financial services law including on AFSL and AUSTRAC requirements.
Stebin’s experience includes:
Banking and Finance
• acting for one of Australia’s largest receivable financing companies on its acquisition financing of an International Agri-business;
• acting for a private property lender on various property financing deals valuing between AUD$2 million to AUD$15 million;
• acting for one of Australia’s largest receivables finance lenders on various receivable finance, trade finance, and working capital finance deals valuing up to AUD$10 million;
• acting for various property developers on construction financing arrangements valuing between AUD$20 million to AUD$40 million; and
• acting for one of Australia’s leading Agri-FinTech companies in connection with an AUD$20 million debt-raising deal.
Fintech, Privacy & Emerging Technologies
• acting for an international private equity fund on its acquisition of a digital currency exchange;
• advising various digital currency exchanges on their obligations under the Australian anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing law and Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
• advising FinTech and other financial service companies on the Australian privacy law including advising on general privacy obligations and drafting privacy policies;
• advising various blue-chip international FinTech companies on Australian financial service law that applies to them and any licensing requirements in Australia; and
• preparing AFSL applications for FinTech and other financial service companies.