Simon’s experience as a commercial lawyer spans over 25 years.
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate transactions in the mid-market with particular emphasis on the technology sector.
In the technology sector, Simon has extensive experience in: tender agreements for the provision of IT services to both the government and the private sectors; agreements for the development and deployment of software; software support and maintenance agreements; IT development and integration agreements; IT vendor access agreements; e-platform agreements; software escrow agreements and software licensing agreements.
- IT procurement projects including the provision of IT services to government, engagement of third-party IT vendors by an IT provider, and procurement of IT hardware and software from IT providers;
- negotiating and advising on the sale of 50% of an IT company operating in the health sector valued at $32.5m, and the subsequent integration of the acquirer with the continuing shareholders;
- negotiating and advising on a partial sale of an artificial reproductive technology business to a publicly listed company at an initial value of $22.5m;
- negotiating and advising on the sale of a process engineering business (oil and gas) with operations in Australia and the UAE, at a combined value of approximately $85m;
- providing legal advice (IP, privacy, My Health Record and general structuring advice) on matters relating to the creation and operation of certain e-health platforms;
- providing advice to directors regarding the restructuring of a $300m high-tech machine tools business; and
- providing documentation and advice in relation to an e-insurance platform.