In possessing intimate knowledge of Chapters 5C and 6D on company capital raisings, and Chapter 7 on financial products of the Corporations Act 2001, Nick acts mainly for corporate alternate financiers, private lenders and ASX listed financiers.
He has broad experience covering a range of general corporate and commercial law, and he prides himself on providing his clients with superior and effective legal solutions that minimise risk and get the deal done.
Nick’s experience also includes contract negotiation and settlement, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity and investment schemes, banking and finance, corporate solvency, workouts and restructures, and the application of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth).
In addition he has expertise in large scale cross-border takeovers, corporate restructures and capital raisings.
- project lead on a major acquisition involving a complex workout, partnership and securitisation transaction with FIRB, and competition considerations for a multinational corporation that is one of Australia largest providers of building and construction materials
- negotiating, advising and completing a multistage disposition of a media group in the real estate sector to one of Australia’s largest publicly listed media companies, with a transaction value of $100m+ and including a scrip issue
- negotiating and advising on a $50m company and asset acquisition for a large private company in the mining sector
- negotiating and advising on a $30m cross-border takeover of a private company operating various mines in Australia and Asia by a listed Singapore corporation, including negotiating with financiers and key contract counterparties
- negotiating and advising on an $85m corporate restructure of a national construction company, including attending to the transfer of major commercial construction contracts at various stages
- acting for a publicly listed alternative financier with a book value of over $400m in a reorganisation of their receivable and recovery business
- acting for a publicly listed receivables financier with a book value of over $200m to design, structure and draft new financial products for the market, including cutting edge receivables security considerations and product design
- acting for a receivables financier in connection with a warehouse, mezzanine and subordinated facility, including drafting and negotiating the subordinated facility and securities
- acting for a publicly listed company in establishing an equity lending facility to raise capital through existing option securityholders
- acting for a private lender in a syndicated lending arrangement with a private equity firm involving a syndicated facility, facility agency arrangement and security trust
- acting on the inception and registration of a $100m managed investment fund with various investment sleeves including structure design, governance and compliance, fund documentation and registration
- advising on the inception of a $30m private equity fund including implementing a corporate governance regime, corporate structuring and compliance, and drafting documents.
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Australian-Italian Leaders of Tomorrow
- Collingwood Football Club
- Deakin University Alumni
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction) (Deakin University)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice