In possessing intimate knowledge of Chapters 5, 5C, 6D and 7 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) concerning capital raisings, managed investment schemes, workouts & restructures and financial products, Nick acts for a variety of large private corporations, family offices, alternate financiers, private lenders, ASX listed companies and insolvency professionals.
He has broad experience in mergers & acquisitions and securities covering a range of general corporate & commercial law and banking & securities law. Nick prides himself on providing his clients with effective legal solutions that minimise risk and get the deal done.
Nick’s experience includes contract negotiation and settlement, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity and investment schemes, banking and finance, corporate solvency, workouts and restructures, and the application of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth).
- project lead on a major acquisition involving a complex workout, partnership and securitisation transaction with FIRB, and competition considerations for a multinational corporation that is one of Australia’s largest providers of building and construction materials;
- negotiating, advising and completing a multistage disposition of a media group in the real estate sector to one of Australia’s largest publicly listed media companies, with a transaction value of $100m+ and including a scrip issue;
- negotiating and advising on a $50m company and asset acquisition for a large private company in the mining sector;
- negotiating and advising on a $30m cross-border takeover of a private company operating various mines in Australia and Asia by a listed Singapore corporation, including negotiating with financiers and key contract counterparties;
- negotiating and advising on an $85m corporate restructure of a national construction company, including attending to the transfer of major commercial construction contracts at various stages;
- acting for a publicly listed alternative financier with a book value of over $400m in a reorganisation of their receivable and recovery business;
- acting on the inception and registration of a $100m managed investment fund with various investment sleeves including structure design, governance and compliance, fund documentation and registration; and
- acting on the establishment of a wholesale managed investment fund in the property sector.