Narelle is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer with a range of expertise.
Her experience has primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions (acting for both vendor and purchaser, and with both ASX listed and private companies), corporate governance and negotiating and drafting various general commercial agreements (including technology supply and service agreements). Narelle also has experience advising clients on their obligations under different legislative and quasi-legislative regimes, including the Corporations Act, the ASX Listing Rules, Privacy Laws, the Modern Slavery Act and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act.
Having practised as an in-house lawyer for several years, Narelle knows how important it is to target legal problems via practical solutions that fit the needs of her clients.
On a daily basis, Narelle handles the negotiation and drafting of:
- share sale or purchase agreements
- business and asset sale or purchase agreements
- supply agreements,
and related documents such as heads of agreement or term sheets and confidentiality agreements.
Narelle’s expertise also covers supporting the development and implementation of corporate policies covering matters such as privacy, anti-slavery, supplier codes of conduct, whistleblowing and anti-bribery and corruption.
Narelle’s recent experience includes:
- coordinating due diligence inquiries into potential acquisitions;
- negotiating and drafting agreements for the sale and acquisition of shares, businesses and assets;
- negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for the supply of goods and services with values ranging from $10,000 to $500,000,000;
- developing anti-slavery, privacy, whistleblower and anti-corruption policies and supplier codes of conduct;
- preparing and submitting Modern Slavery Statements;
- providing legal support in the preparation and submission of tender responses; and
- advising on various compliance matters including compliance with the Corporations Act, Modern Slavery Act, Privacy Laws and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Finance Act.