Michael has broad experience within the retail property industry, in particular retail leasing matters.
His current area of expertise is telecommunications where his work involves drafting, negotiating and advising on leases and other forms of tenure documentation for telecommunications sites.
Michael provides general and specialist legal advice in relation to telecommunications tenure arrangements and can advise on the interpretation of applicable legislation.
Michael has exemplary communication skills (both oral and written) and as such has developed effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
With a meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical and critical thinking skills, Michael always seeks out practical, client-focused solutions. A strong negotiator, Michael always strives to deliver legally sound, commercial outcomes for the client.
Michael’s recent experience includes:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on complex tenure documentation for one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers;
- Drafting, negotiating and finalising telecommunications leases for ‘greenfield’ acquisition sites and renewals;
- Detailed review of a precedent agreement between a Victorian Government statutory corporation and one of Australia’s largest telecommunications companies;
- Liaising with various stakeholders in order to resolve complex negotiations; and
- Drafting and lodging of caveats and withdrawals of caveats.
Michael has previously volunteered at the Northern Community Legal Centre (previously the Broadmeadows Community Legal Service), assisting duty lawyers in the monthly night service.