Reem is an experienced lawyer in the financial services industry with a focus on financial technology, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Cornwalls, Reem worked as an Associate in a global law firm in the insurance sector. Reem was also an in-house lawyer representing a global financial services company on a range of matters across credit, collections, sales and marketing divisions.
Reem’s experience equips her with a commercial mindset to pragmatically approach client needs.
Reem’s recent experience includes:
- acting for a major international insurer in acquiring an Australian insurance branch and its entry into the Australian market;
- advising international and national companies on comprehensive compliance and regulatory requirements, including privacy and data handling obligations;
- representing insurers in complex policy coverage claims in the Federal Court of Australia;
- advising on the development of processes and applications for the launch and operation of a major international mobility provider in Australia;
- negotiating, advising and drafting complex commercial, insurance, reinsurance, telecom and software license agreements with major providers;
- advising ACL and AFSL holders on national and regional marketing campaigns across multiple mediums such as TV commercials, radio, point of sale and direct marketing channels; and
- advising on company secretarial and corporate governance matters as well as various ASIC filings.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Throughout her career, Reem has provided pro bono services to charities and not-for-profit organisations, including advising on the registration requirements with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and general corporate governance matters.
Reem is also an active volunteer with a national food rescue organisation.
In her in-house role, Reem received a corporate recognition award for her commitment to company values and achieving corporate targets.