Michael advises principals, contractors, subcontractors, and owners’ corporations on a range of issues varying from the formation and establishment of construction contracts to construction disputes/litigation and rectification works.
Michael had previous carriage and conduct on a variety of matters, specifically, domestic and commercial building disputes, constructive trust disputes, personal and corporate debt recovery, insolvency, negligence, defamation, competition and consumer law, property/ lease disputes, Part IV applications, and family law disputes.
Michael’s recent experience includes:
- advising on planning dispute with local government authority;
- advising on third party retention of title dispute with local government authority;
- advising on breach of credit contract of farming machinery and enforcement options to maximise recovery of debt;
- advising on defending negligence claim in relation to a regional prohibited weed;
- appeared at Interlocutory hearings, First Return hearings, Directions hearings, Pre-Hearing Conferences and mediation; and
- Instructed in most courts and tribunals, including the Magistrates’ Court, Federal Circuit, Family Court of Australia, and VCAT.
- Michael was also previously employed as a solicitor with a Melbourne-based law firm as part of the Solicitors Assisting the Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informers (Lawyer ‘X’ Royal Commission).