Veronica is an experienced property lawyer in Melbourne with extensive experience in all aspects of property transactions, including:
- acquisitions and dispositions of all types of property assets including commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural assets
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing
- off-the-plan developments and subdivisions
She specialises in undertaking major due diligence investigations relating to the acquisition, ownership and management of property and advises on commercial and property issues arising from all types of property transactions, with a particular focus on identifying and resolving issues and complexities before her clients commit to major transactions.
Veronica has substantial experience in the preparation and negotiation of all necessary documentation (including contracts of sale, agreements for lease and leases) as well as managing the completion and settlement process for all types of property matters.
Veronica acts for developers, fund managers, large corporations, high net worth individuals and families, receivers, government entities and financiers.
Prior to joining Cornwalls, Veronica spent nearly 20 years at one of Australia’s largest firms (by partnership), with her most recent role as Special Counsel.
Veronica’s recent experience includes:
- acting for one of Australia’s largest automotive dealers in its sale of business and freehold assets and on-going acquisition and leasing requirements;
- acting for a national transport and distribution services company in its disposal of its shareholding to an overseas entity which included preparing, negotiating and finalising agreements for lease, leases, consents and all property-related closing conditions;
- acting for various Australian subsidiaries of international companies in relation to significant industrial purpose-built facilities involving complex agreements for lease;
- acting for a leading construction materials company in its acquisition of an integrated construction materials business which included substantial due diligence and the negotiation of extensive contract and leasing documentation;
- acting for various fund managers in the acquisition and then on-going leasing of numerous shopping centres;
- acting for various Council’s and a major fuel corporation in the preparation of a suite of pro-forma contract and leasing documentation; and
- acting for developers in relation to off-the-plan contract documentation and all related advice.