Myles is a property lawyer with Australian and international experience in a diverse range of property and construction transactions. Before moving to Melbourne in 2006, he practised in the UK and Tasmania.
Myles’ time is predominantly dedicated to larger transactions involving commercial, industrial and retail property. His current major areas of practice include leasing, due diligence, acquisition, disposal, and contractual and transactional based advice.
His expertise in these transactions also covers advising on trusts and a variety of property-related agreements including shareholder, development, joint venture, distributorship, franchise, options and confidentiality; and GST, capital gains tax, planning, land tax and stamp duty.
Myles’ clients are varied and include local and international real estate investment trusts, property developers, not for profits, government departments, retailers, landlords and tenants, as well as wind farm, quarry, and abattoir operators.
- retail, commercial and industrial leasing requirements of various national and international clients (including landlords and tenants, and established and newly formed companies);
- acquisitions of two major Australian-based industrial logistics portfolios, shopping centres, aged care facilities, off the plan buildings in the Docklands and interests in the Myer Bourke Street Mall; and
- dispositions of a major metropolitan private hospital, CBD buildings, car dealerships and the Richmond Malt Nylex sign site.
Myles has advised:
- Shayher Group on their Pentridge Prison Development;
- Salta Property Group and 151 Property Group on various leasing and property transactions;
- high powered retailers including Forever New Clothing Pty Ltd, Borders Book Stores, Jeans West, Country Road and G-Star Raw;
- SGX listed Mapletree S-REIT and its related entities;
- Heitman International LLC (a US based investment manager);
- BIS Industries Limited on its acquisition of various Tasmanian quarries;
- Bass Energy Pty Ltd and Meridian Energy Limited on due diligence and wind farm site acquisitions;
- Barristers Chambers Limited on its due diligence and acquisition of 525 Lonsdale Street; and
- Basslink Pty Ltd on perfection of the Basslink pipeline easement rights, property sales and due diligence issues.