Mayank brings a wealth of expertise, with over 15 years’ of international experience in corporate finance, distressed lending, restructuring, leveraged finance, asset finance, real estate finance and project finance. He has acted for large financial institutions and corporates spanning jurisdictions including Australia, United Kingdom, United States, China, India, South East Asia, Africa, andEastern Europe (to name a few).
Over the last few years, Mayank has worked closely with alternative capital investors, providing strategic advice to debt funds providing financing in distressed situations, purchasers of non-performing loans and funds providing equity capital in large scale project financings.
Mayank has spent significant time in the UK and Asia working on some of the largest transactions in the world, including the largest wind farm financing in the Ukraine to date, the largest bond issuance in Bangladesh and the largest non-performing loan acquisition in Eastern Europe at the time.
- advising a major US private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of one of Australia’s largest commercial asset financiers;
- advising one of the world’s largest real estate servicing platforms in relation to its role as facility agent and security trustee for a $400 million development of a shopping village in Victoria;
- advising an Australian listed energy company in relation to a $80 million senior syndicated facility;
- advising a European hedge fund in relation to a solar project financing in the Philippines;
- advising a global financial institution and a number of other hedge funds in a consortium in relation to the restructuring of the Agrokor Group, one of the largest restructurings in Europe to date;
- advising a Norwegian developer in relation to the financing of wind turbines in Ukraine, being the largest wind farm to date in Ukraine;
- advising a consortium of debt funds in relation to a USD 200 million leverage finance facility(including a unitranche) to an international spread betting and gaming;
- advising a US debt fund in relation to a debt restructuring of an Indian textile company;
- representing a syndicate of global financial institutions in relation to a USD 450 million facility to the Ministry of Finance of Angola, being one of the largest infrastructure financings to date in Angola; and
- advising a global fund in relation to a USD 200 million PIK financing to a health care company operating in the US and Europe.
Pro Bono & Community Work
- Active member of the Community Fire Unit team supported by Fire and Rescue NSW (Willoughby Branch).
- Volunteer at Life’s Little Treasures Foundation, a not for profit organisation supporting families of premature and sick babies.
- Co-founder of Verreaux & Company, an organisation advising non-profits to navigate crisis situations.
- Numerous television appearances, including on Bloomberg, CNBC and Reuters in relation to emerging markets and trends in leverage finance and non-performing loans
- Regular contributor to International Financial Law Review (IFLR)
- Co-author of the second edition of “Performing and Non-Performing Loan Transactions Across the World – A Practical Guide”
- Media coverage in Reuters and New York Times in relation to non-performing loans in Eastern Europe