Levent has extensive Australian and international legal and business experience representing both public and private clients in corporate and commercial matters. His clients value his ability to deliver efficient and commercial outcomes.
Levent specialises in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial services law and capital raisings. He has more than 18 years’ experience advising corporates, financial investors and financial institutions and has led, managed, and closed mergers and acquisition transactions, fundraisings and financings, predominantly ranging from A$20M to A$150M.
His vast experience creates value for all his clients, across a multitude of industries. Levent’s talents were recognised in articles appearing in The Australian, where Levent was named as one of Australia’s best lawyers.
Levent is also the Chief Executive Officer of Cornwalls Capital, a global advisory firm. He uses his business skills, international networks, and his legal acumen to assist clients in the following areas: mergers and acquisitions; fundraising; listings; takeovers; and strategy (including growth and market penetration strategies).
In addition to being a legal and business advisor, Levent is also a founder and investor of a diverse range of companies. Among them is Twenty3 Sport and Entertainment, a sports and entertainment marketing, media and management company, which recently acquired fashion and lifestyle PR Agency AMPR. Levent sits on the board of Twenty3, and steers Twenty3’s capital investment arm, which makes strategic acquisitions and investments in the sports and entertainment industry.
Levent currently oversees a portfolio of companies (including international companies) which he has been an investor and/or founder of, in sectors including retail energy, disruptive technology, blockchain technology, sports and entertainment, environment and sustainability, and property.
Levent also holds a number of local and international board positions. Among them include, the Australian and New Zealand subsidiaries of global enterprise, TerraCycle, the Western Bulldogs Football Club and newly formed A-League Club, Western United F.C.
- acting for an Australian public company engaged in exploration activities in a ‘reverse’ takeover of a US company (listed on the Over the Counter Bulletin Board), involving cross border issues
- acting for an Australian ASX-listed public company engaged in exploration activities in preparing information memoranda for fundraising activities
- forming a public company to acquire South America mining tenements, preparing an information memorandum for sophisticated investors and proceeding to an ASX listing
- acting for management in a buyout of Australia’s second largest mortgage originator
- acting for Cement Concrete Aggregates Australia in its submission to the government on changes to planning laws and the extractive industry approval process
- acting for Australia’s leading shoe design and distributions company in its acquisition of 2 major retail chains
- acting for a public company in undertaking a selection reduction of capital and ASX delisting
- advising on the sale and divestment of Australia’s leading SEO company
- capital raise for Malaysia’s leading animation company ($16Million)
- acting for a major quarrying company in all aspects of a major acquisition of a quarry (including due diligence on all planning and environmental matters)
- acting for a construction group in its acquisition of an Australia-wide civil construction business, involving due diligence on substantial work in progress (including a range of large civil projects)
- Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Western United FC
- TerraCycle (Australia and NZ)
- Twenty3 Sport & Entertainment
- Hemisphere Management Group
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (the University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Commerce (the University of Melbourne)
Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- All federal jurisdictions