Jeremy is an experienced property lawyer. His practice covers commercial, industrial and retail leasing, due diligence and conveyancing for commercial, industrial, residential and retail acquisitions and dispositions, property developments and subdivisions, SMSF related property transfers and adverse possession.
He has acted for a range of clients, from major financial institutions and government authorities to charitable organisations, universities and high net worth individuals. His clients appreciate his commercial and results-driven approach, and his ability to find creative ways to reach successful resolutions.
- preparing complex leases, agreements to lease and associated leasing documentation for a large retail development;
- acting for a purchaser conducting due diligence for the acquisition of a shopping centre ($150m);
- acting for a purchaser of a vineyard (land and business) ($7m);
- acting for a developer in the acquisition and subdivision of land on coastal Victoria ($20m);
- acting for a developer in an off-the-plan industrial subdivision; • acting for vendors in the sale of a $20m commercial property and a $12m industrial site;
- acting for a landlord in mediation at the Office of the Victorian Small Business Commissioner;
- negotiating and drafting a deed of easement and covenants for a charitable organisation;
- advising clients on property transfers from custodians to trustees and related in specie duty exemptions;
- obtaining duty exemptions for transfers to charitable organisations and educational facilities;
- acting for a lot owner in a dispute with an owners corporation;
- advising clients on adverse possession claims; and
- advising clients on covenant removal.