Jake has broad-based skills in corporate and commercial law. He is capable of undertaking most types of regulated or private/unregulated corporate transactions and projects, including for ASX listed entities.
Jake has a strong understanding of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and ASX Listing Rules, as well as ASIC Regulatory Guidance and various other relevant company laws.
Jake’s particular expertise lies in:
- private mergers and acquisitions
- public mergers and acquisitions (including for ASX listed companies), including takeovers and schemes of arrangement
- capital markets transactions (initial public offerings, reverse takeovers and backdoor listings, and secondary capital raisings)
- managed investment schemes
- corporate governance
- drafting, negotiating and advising on various commercial contracts and agreements
Jake’s experience includes:
Public M&A transactions
- 5G Networks Limited (ASX:5GN) takeover of Webcentral Group Limited (ASX:WCG) by way of off-market takeover bid (scrip for scrip)
- Environmental Clean Technologies Limited (ASX:ECT)–Rights Issue 2020
- 5G Networks Limited (ASX:5GN)–Institutional Placement and Share Purchase Plan 2020
- 5G Networks Limited (ASX:5GN)–Institutional Placement September 2020
- Netccentric Limited (ASX:NCL)–Placement February 2021
- Azure Health Technology Limited (NSX:VTL)–IPO and NSX Listing May 2021
- Environmental Clean Technologies Limited (ASX:ECT)–Placement and Share Purchase Plan April 2021
Various private projects and transactions, including regular involvement in preparing, negotiating and drafting the following legal documents:
- term sheets, heads of agreement and MOUs
- subscription agreements
- share purchase agreements
- business and asset purchase agreements
- deeds of company arrangement
He also undertakes legal due diligence in relation to M&A transactions.
Regular involvement in preparing, negotiating and drafting the following legal documents:
- shareholder agreements
- supply and distribution agreements
- services agreements
- joint venture agreements
- confidentiality deeds and non-disclosure agreements
- general corporate documents (constitutions, resolutions and officer engagements)
- loan agreements
- security agreements including general security deeds and guarantees.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Jake is actively involved in various fundraising activities for different charities including Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre and other charities supporting breast cancer.
- Finalist – Mergers & Acquisitions category, Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards 2021