Emily has broad-based skills in corporate, commercial and banking and finance law. Her particular expertise lies in mergers and acquisitions (both ASX listed and private companies), corporate governance, and drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
The documents Emily handles on a daily basis include:
- term sheets, heads of agreement and MOUs;
- subscription agreements;
- share purchase agreements;
- business and asset purchase agreements;
- shareholder agreements;
- supply and distribution agreements;
- joint venture agreements;
- confidentiality deeds and non-disclosure agreements;
- loan agreements; and
- security agreements including general security deeds and guarantees.
- negotiating and advising on a $400m business and land acquisition for a large private company in the storage sector;
- advising a financier on a $200m facility to be provided in connection with a private equity fund’s acquisition of a transport company;
- advising a financier on an $80m debt and asset finance facility to be provided in connection with a restructure of Australia’s largest printer and distributor of marketing materials;
- negotiating and advising on a circa $10m share acquisition for a public company in the security sector;
- acting for a financier on a circa $150m debt and asset finance transaction relating to an acquisition of a group of companies by a private equity fund; and
- acting for a receivables financier on a circa $100m acquisition of a bank’s receivables book.
Pro Bono and Community Work
Emily is a volunteer for Pets Haven Foundation and provides regular foster care for homeless and neglected animals. She is also actively involved in various fundraising activities for different charities including MS Walk, Run + Roll and the Cancer Council Australia.
Emily has previously volunteered at Victoria Legal Aid, assisting duty lawyers in the Werribee Magistrates’ Court, and at WEstjustice (Western Community Legal Centre), where she worked in the fines clinic.