Emily has broad-based skills in corporate, commercial and banking and finance law. Her particular expertise lies in mergers and acquisitions (both ASX listed and private companies), corporate governance, and drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
The documents Emily handles on a daily basis include:
- term sheets, heads of agreement and MOUs;
- subscription agreements;
- share purchase agreements;
- business and asset purchase agreements;
- shareholder agreements;
- supply and distribution agreements;
- joint venture agreements;
- confidentiality deeds and non-disclosure agreements;
- loan agreements; and
- security agreements including general security deeds and guarantees.
Emily is a volunteer for Pets Haven Foundation and provides regular foster care for homeless and neglected animals. She is also actively involved in various fundraising activities for different charities including MS Walk, Run + Roll and the Cancer Council Australia.
Emily has previously volunteered at Victoria Legal Aid, assisting duty lawyers in the Werribee Magistrates’ Court, and at WEstjustice (Western Community Legal Centre), where she worked in the fines clinic.