Job Listing Date: 2 July 2021
Work Type: Full Time
Cornwalls is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected independent law firms. We are multidisciplinary, dynamic and innovative. We offer a full range of commercial law services and have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We place great value on our people and take pride in our culture. Clients have entrusted us with their business since 1891. We are commercially astute, innovative and trusted advisors. We represent a broad array of corporations, family offices and high net worth individuals. Our clients are represented in every major industry. Our lawyers are thought leaders in legal issues critical to their areas of expertise. Our clients are integral to our firm. We work hard to understand their needs. Each client is distinct and we provide unique and dynamic solutions to ensure that our approach works for them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has been made available for an experience legal assistant, to support a Property Partner with property and estate work. As an experienced legal secretary of five years plus, you will know how to manage pending priorities, keep a very busy diary and screen all calls. This is a great opportunity for you, as you will be supporting this Partner in a 1:1 ratio. You will be the go-to person and will be the one who will make things happen.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to hit the ground running and have sound property knowledge. The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Amending documents
- Diary management
- Assisting client queries
- Opening and closing files and general support to the wider team, when required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This fast paced and exciting role, where your experience will take you to the next level in your career, will require you to:
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Have experience working in a well-respected firm, with exposure to property and estates work
- Have at least five years’ experience working in property
- Enjoy developing a 1:1 relationship, while establishing rapport with the wider firm to assist when necessary
- Be proactive in your approach, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Work autonomously and exceptionally well in a team environment
- Have excellent time management skills
- Own exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of integrity when dealing with clients and your peers
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and lead by example
- Knowledge of Affinity and Filesite will be well regarded
WHAT WE OFFER
As a multidisciplinary practice, with talent and culture being the cornerstone pillar to our business strategy, we offer countless opportunities to learn and grow and work with clients across a variety of sectors. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Tutelage from award-winning lawyers who are well recognised in their respective fields;
- Interesting and challenging work;
- Regular social events;
- Group sporting events;
- A genuinely fun, relaxed and supportive workplace, where everyone will know your name;
- Flexible working arrangements.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. For more information or a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Tania Cipriano, Talent & Culture Advisor on 03 9608 2261.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies not briefed on this role, will not be accepted for this advertised position.