Sarah is a corporate and transactional lawyer, specialising in mergers and acquisitions and complex commercial arrangements.
She has considerable experience in corporate and commercial matters, including corporate transactions, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate governance, advisory work, due diligence, corporate structuring and reorganisations, as well as directors’ duties.
Sarah works with clients from start-ups to large corporates across a range of industries including healthcare, technology, defence, manufacturing and education.
Commercially minded and practical, Sarah is highly valued for her ability to provide meaningful advice and manage challenging projects on time.
Throughout her career, Sarah has acted for ASX-listed entities, Australian-based private equity investors, foreign investors, SMEs and high net worth individuals, as well as receivers, managers and administrators. Sarah has acted for:
- a large US power management company, in relation to the Australian aspects of the sale of its ~A$4.4 billion hydraulics business;
- the corporate and individual shareholders of a specialised electronic warfare subsystem provider to global defence companies, with their products already installed in several of the world’s front-line military fighter jets, in the sale of 100% of their shares to a NYSE-listed company;
- a cancer treatment development company listed on both the ASX and NASDAQ, in its acquisition of a Paris-based chemoimmunotherapy research and licensing business;
- the shareholders of a refrigerated freight company in the sale of their business to an ASX 200listed company, for AUD115 million;
- a leading Nordic-based global private equity investor, on the Australian aspects of its global acquisition of a leading provider of interactive content and applications for IPTV and broadband-enabled consumer electronics;
- one of Australia’s leading branded food exporters in relation to numerous acquisitions across Australia and New Zealand;
- one of the largest security services businesses in India and Australia, on the Australian aspects of its Indian IPO;
- the shareholders of an Australian-based engineering firm on the complex divestment of one of its subsidiaries to an Omani-based corporation;
- the shareholders of a service provider specialising in sales and marketing effectiveness, performance management and cloud-based business intelligence, to the Australian subsidiary of a NYSE-listed leading global information and technology services company in the healthcare industry;
- one of Australia’s largest waste management companies on the divestment of a major business unit; and
- a leading provider of healthcare, pathology and general medical services, in its acquisition of workplace health and travel vaccination businesses.
Pro Bono and Community Work
Sarah has undertaken pro bono and community work throughout her career, including:
- working on the establishment of numerous charities and providing corporate advice to organisations such as the McGrath Foundation;
- volunteering in programs designed to promote the career development of female law students; and
- working in the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada’s “Activate” operations team (a lifestyle change program designed to help people with elevated blood pressure prevent the onset of high blood pressure).
- Finalist – Commercial Team of the Year, Australian Law Awards 2021
- Finalist – Transaction Team of the Year, Australian Law Awards 2021
- Winner – Senior Associate of the Year, Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards 2020
- Winner – Senior Associate of the Year, Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2020