As an Accredited Specialist in commercial litigation, with sub-specialties in insolvency, forensic litigation and revenue, Paul regularly undertakes complex litigation and restructures in all state and federal jurisdictions.
Paul has also undertaken numerous matters that cross multiple borders in foreign jurisdictions. The complex problems presented by clients provides daily stimulus to develop solutions.
With extensive experience working with significant commercial enterprises, government agencies, accounting firms and specialist insolvency firms, Paul’s expertise includes traditional dispute resolution as well as corporate restructuring.
Having served in executive positions on several boards, Paul has a deep understanding of all the organisations he advises. As a result, he provides clients with the very best considered and commercially sensitive advice.
- international trade matters
- cross boundary disputes
- international arbitrations.
- foreign banks in relation to syndicated loan arrangements in the Asia-Pacific region
- Australia’s major financiers
- leading accounting and advisory firms
- high wealth individuals and their families.
Pro bono and Community Work
- From 2004 until 2011 a member, and for some of the period the chair, of the Discipline and Review Committee of Football Queensland Limited
- Past management committee member and past President of Epic Employment Service Inc. (a disability-based supported employment organisation)
- Past member of the Commonwealth/State government advisory board for the Queensland Blind Workshop
- Past Member of ITSA/IPAA (now AFSA) Liaison Committee (Qld)
- Past director of QIBC Industries Ltd (a not for profit organisation employing people with disabilities)
- Past member of the management committee of Aid for the Blind Inc. (now Link Vision)
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Brisbane Racing Club
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Master of Laws (Queensland University of Technology)
- Accredited Specialist (Commercial Litigation) by Queensland Law Society
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Queensland, New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory