Paul is a highly experienced commercial and finance lawyer.
His focus is on providing clients with practical, strategic and commercial advice on the commercial and legal challenges that face Australian businesses and lenders.
Paul has represented major domestic and international clients and has provided transactional, compliance and finance advice for the acquisition of companies and property, M&As, establishing joint ventures, construction and development, insolvency, receiverships and workouts.
Additionally, Paul has a strong background in capital raising, factoring and commercial lending.
- advising clients on all manner of commercial, insolvency and lending arrangements for significant commercial enterprises, banks and private lenders, leading accounting and financial firms and many SMEs operating in an array of industries
- providing compliance and enforcement advice
- industry leadership in relation to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (PPSA)
- providing PPSA training and seminars for the Qld Law Society and CPA Australia
advice, audits, documentation, reporting, AUSTRAC objections and guidance on Australian anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws to numerous corporations, lenders and blue-chip companies.
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Former Queensland Law Society Banking & Finance Committee Member for over 10 years
- Legal Contributor to the World Bank Group
- Recipient of the QLS and ALPMA Award for Outstanding Achievement
The Finance Monthly CEO Award Recipient – Australia 2018
- Bachelor of Laws
- QLTT (England & Wales)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Courts of Queensland, England & Wales