Paul is a highly experienced commercial and finance lawyer.
His focus is on providing clients with practical, strategic and commercial advice on the commercial and legal challenges that face Australian businesses and lenders.
Paul has represented major domestic and international clients and has provided transactional, compliance and finance advice for the acquisition of companies and property, M&As, establishing joint ventures, construction and development, insolvency, receiverships and workouts.
Additionally, Paul has a strong background in capital raising, factoring and commercial lending.
Paul’s experience in his principal areas of practice includes:
- advising clients on all manner of commercial, insolvency and lending arrangements for significant commercial enterprises, banks and private lenders, leading accounting and financial firms and many SMEs operating in an array of industries;
- providing compliance and enforcement advice;
- industry leadership in relation to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (PPSA);
- providing PPSA training and seminars for the Qld Law Society and CPA Australia; and
- advice, audits, documentation, reporting, AUSTRAC objections and guidance on Australian anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws to numerous corporation, lenders and blue-chip companies.