Michael’s core expertise lies in corporate transactional work. He is capable of undertaking most types of regulated or private/unregulated corporate transactions, including for ASX listed companies.
Over the course of his career, Michael has acted for many foreign investors in Australia, and advised on mergers and acquisitions and capital market transactions and projects, including infrastructure projects, both in Australia and internationally. He has practised as an international lawyer for 2 years in Singapore and Beijing.
Michael has excellent working relationships with key Australian regulators including the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), and has been involved in numerous submissions and working groups dealing with reforms to Australia’s capital markets over many years.
He is a long-standing member (over 20 years) of the Corporations Committee of the Law Council of Australia, and has been included in the ‘Best Lawyers’ list for corporate for many years.
Memberships and Associations
- Member, Australia-China Business Council
- Member, Law Council of Australia Corporations Committee
- Recognised in Corporate /Governance Practice Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers 2010-2021, Australia
- Bachelor of Laws University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) University of Melbourne
- Director, Deacons (Norton Rose Fulbright predecessor) 2002-2006 (chairman 2004-2006)
- Head of Norton Rose Fulbright mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets group 2005-2010
- Head of Norton Rose Fulbright Melbourne corporate practice 2005-2010
- Head of Cornwalls’ Capital Markets team 2016-present