Melanie has in depth knowledge of the telecommunications industry. Her work involves drafting, negotiating and advising on leases and other tenure for telecommunication sites. She is competent in providing detailed and specific legal advice both in written and oral form. Well-versed in national registration requirements, she also understands and drafts documents across all jurisdictions.
Melanie has excellent attention to detail, which is a necessary requirement for successfully working in a fast-paced, high volume environment. Her high-level grasp of the relevant laws enables her to analyse and understand the client’s problems and provide an appropriate solution. Throughout her career, she has developed strong client relationships and is able to provide considered and commercial legal advice.
- project managing one of Australia’s largest Greenfield Fixed Wireless network builds;
- hosting teleconferences between parties to resolve the impasse in negotiations;
- liaising with various stakeholders to devise an effective solution for complex leasing arrangements for various telecommunications companies;
- advising a large telecommunications company on complex easement issues; and
- drafting complex legal documents for major government agencies.
Pro Bono and Community Work
Melanie regularly volunteers at the Red Cross. She is actively involved in various fundraising for and is an avid supporter of various charities, including Cancer Council Australia, MS Walk, Run + Roll, R U OK and the RSPCA.
Melanie has previously volunteered at Victoria Legal Aid, assisting duty lawyers in the Werribee Magistrates’ Court, and at WEstjustice (Western Community Legal Centre), working for Burmese Refugees from the Wyndham community.
- Finalist – Media & Telecommunications category, Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards