Katarina practices in the area of Banking and Finance, Mortgages. Specialising in private lending in various facilities, covering a range of banking & securities law. She has been involved in drafting and negotiating loan and security documents and in the settlement of mortgage transactions within Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
Katarina’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for private lenders and unlisted alternate financiers in various facilities including general, acquisition and construction;
- Documenting loan and security documents for bilateral, syndicated and construction loans. As well as attending to the settlement of new mortgages, variations and discharge of mortgages within Victorian, New South Wales and Queensland;
- Advising on the terms and conditions of mortgages and provisions of the related Memorandum of Common Provisions, terms and conditions in security documents, the National Credit Code, Land Use Victoria registration procedures, Personal Property Securities Act registration and releases and general mortgage-related matters;
- Negotiating, documenting and advising on mortgage and Personal Property Securities Act priority issues;
- Liaising with various parties to determine an effective solution for complex transactions;
- Negotiating and advising various private lenders on a $5m acquisition facility; and
- Acting for a private lender on the refinance of a circa $9m working capital facility for a building and construction business.
Previously volunteered and contributed to raising public awareness and fundraising for White Ribbon Australia.