With over 30 years’ legal experience, combined with broad expertise in the insurance industry, Joe is adept at analysing claims and devising strategies to place his clients in superior bargaining positions.
As part of his work, Joe focuses on advising and assisting clients in dealing with claims against them, and he is skilled at delivering the best possible legal and commercial results.
Joe’s extensive experience also enables him to provide clients with monetary projections of potential claims at an early stage. He is therefore able to give accurate advice before litigation commences, affording his clients an opportunity to make adequate provision for potential losses.
In particular Joe’s clients appreciate his ability to summarise information into easy-to-follow advice that is pragmatic and commercially driven, and his commitment to delivering them the best possible legal and commercial results.
- acting for insurers and self-insurers in large numbers of public liability and product liability claims involving both personal injury and property damage;
- acting for several religious orders in the management of institutional child sexual abuse litigation and the operation of the National Redress Scheme;
- acting for insurers and self-insurers in a variety of workers’ compensation-based personal injury claims and related recovery claims by statutory authorities;
- acting for various clients in the litigation of complex motor vehicle claims;
- management of volume-based motor vehicle property damage claims;
- toxic tort and in particular asbestos claims; and
- drafting and interpretation of insurance policies and indemnity issues.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Joe has done volunteer work at the Fitzroy Legal Service.
His family is a long-time supporter of Plan Australia and has sponsored many children over the past 15 years.
Joe and his family are also regular contributors to the Royal Children’s Hospital Appeal and National Cancer Council.