Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Work Type: Full Time
Position Classification: Litigation
Cornwalls is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected independent law firms. We are multidisciplinary, dynamic and innovative. We offer a full range of commercial law services and have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We place great value on our people and take pride in our culture. Clients have entrusted us with their business since 1891. We are commercially astute, innovative and trusted advisors. We represent a broad array of corporations, family offices and high net worth individuals. Our clients are represented in every major industry. Our lawyers are thought leaders in legal issues critical to their areas of expertise. Our clients are integral to our firm. We work hard to understand their needs. Each client is distinct and we provide unique and dynamic solutions to ensure that our approach works for them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our growing Sydney practice is seeking a bright lawyer (1 – 4 years) to join our Litigation team.
The role provides a great opportunity to work alongside Paul McCann and Andrew Sutherland, two highly experienced and well-known practitioners, both renowned for their experience in significant and complex commercial litigation matters.
The Sydney office opened in 2019; this is a real opportunity to be part of the expansion of a well-established firm into the Sydney market. All principals in our Sydney office hail from national and international law firms and have come together to form a friendly, inclusive and culture-led environment, founded on teamwork, drive, respect and commitment to client service.
As a valued member of our Litigation team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be heavily involved in large and complex commercial disputes, generally heard within the Supreme or Federal Courts;
- Be involved in various commissions of inquiry;
- Act for large and sophisticated corporate and or government clients; and
- Brief pre-eminent Senior and Junior Counsel.
Our client base is incredibly diverse: we advise property related businesses, accountancy and insolvency firms, investment banks, lottery agencies, fintechs, government agencies, construction companies and litigation funders to name a few.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong academic record, coupled with a practical mindset
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation skills, to manage multiple tasks at any given time
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills
- An ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- A high level of attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- A strong client service focus and work ethic
- Drive and passion for a career in law
Prior experience working in Litigation is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
As a multidisciplinary practice, with talent and culture being the cornerstone pillar to our business strategy, we offer countless opportunities to learn and grow and work with clients across a variety of sectors. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Tutelage from award-winning lawyers who are well recognised in their respective fields
- Interesting and challenging work
- Regular social events
- Group sporting events
- A genuinely fun, relaxed and supportive workplace, where everyone will know your name
- Flexible working arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, academic transcript and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Kylie May on +61 2 9216 5604 .