Emma has over fifteen years’ experience working in intellectual property. She helps clients to select, clear, register and enforce their trade marks, specialising in the prosecution of trade mark applications and the conduct of opposition proceedings. She also assists her clients in managing their international trade mark portfolios.
Emma advises clients on the enforcement of their trade mark rights, with respect to trade mark infringement matters and related consumer protection provisions. She also has experience in domain names disputes, providing copyright advice, customs seizure programs, protection of trade marks in Pacific Island countries, and online trade mark infringements.
She has been involved with clients from industries such as retail and wholesale, pharmaceutical, agricultural, commercial mining, food and beverage, and telecommunications.
- all aspects of trade marks law in Australia and New Zealand, including advising on availability and infringement searches, and prosecution of applications
- trade mark opposition and removal proceedings in Australia, including dispute resolution
- managing both small and large trade mark portfolios in Australia and internationally
- devising strategies for trade mark protection in multiple international jurisdictions
- advising on the transfer of intellectual property rights, including drafting assignment documents and licence agreements.
Memberships and Associations
- Member of Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member of Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law (the University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Arts (Swinburne University)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)