Rati has experience in commercial law and finance matters.
Her focus is in the telecommunications property space, and her work involves drafting, negotiating and advising on tenures for telecommunications sites.
Rati has a strong understanding of real property and has acted on behalf of a range of financiers, including private and corporate lenders, in matters related to bilateral and syndicated finance, mezzanine lending and construction finance.
- managing and negotiating the acquisition and renewal of sites for one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers;
- preparing, reviewing, registering and advising on leases, caveats and mortgages across Australia;
- acting for a private lender in a development project in Diamond Creek (Victoria); the value of the project was over $5 million, and the debt was secured by a first-ranking mortgage;
- acting for private financiers in a syndicated arrangement. The borrower was a property developer working on a series of acquisitions in Elwood (Victoria). These projects, spread over a span of two years, involved the acquisition, development and subdivision of land followed by the development and sale of residential property; and
- advising on the application of the National Credit Code and aspects of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), Sale of Land Act 1962 (vic) and Transfer of Land Act 1958 (Vic).