Oliver has considerable experience practicing in the area of wills & estates, with a specific focus on litigation, in several Australian jurisdictions including Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia.
By virtue of Oliver’s litigation background, he also has considerable experience in alternative dispute resolution and he recognises the importance obtaining practical and timely outcomes for his clients.
Although Oliver’s passion is litigation, he also has important experience with complex estate administration and estate planning matters which enables him to provide comprehensive advice in relation to wills & estate matters.
- issuing and defending family provision claims (testator family maintenance claims or part IV claims);
- will construction and will rectification applications;
- applications to have an informal will admitted to probate;
- issuing and defending applications for the removal of an executor/administrator;
- will validity disputes;
- acting on behalf of litigation guardians in proceedings where a person under a disability is involved;
- supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice regarding the administration of the estate or the operation of a will;
- issuing applications requiring an executor to bring the will into court.
- Administering complex estate in several different States
- Obtaining grants of probate/letters of administration in Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia
- Advising beneficiaries regarding their rights under a Will
Succession Planning/ Will drafting
- preparing simple wills;
- preparing complex testamentary trust wills and succession planning;
- preparing enduring powers of attorney/advanced health directions;
- providing advice in relation to the rights and obligations of an attorney pursuant to an enduring power of attorney.
Guardianship, Administration & Elder Law
- advising in relation to guardianship and administration matters;
- advising in relation to enduring power of attorney disputes including misappropriation of funds;
- advising in relation to the purchase of refundable accommodation bonds.