Nina is a passionate and outcome-oriented lawyer, practicing predominantly in complex commercial disputes and litigation, with a particular focus on breaches of equitable duties and fraud investigations.
Her construction background lends itself to drafting, negotiating, and advising on ‘front end’ construction matters, and acting for various parties in ‘back end’ construction dispute resolution matters (including security of payment matters).
She has advised a range of entities, including Government-owned corporations, private wealth managers, and high net worth individuals. Her clients appreciate her active and results-driven approach, and her ability to find effective ways to reach successful resolutions.
Nina has experience advising and acting for parties such as developers, contractors, builders, subcontractors, engineers, architects, superintendents, and State-owned corporations. She also has practical experience in local government matters, including compliance and enforcement related issues.
Speaking both Polish and Italian means that Nina can comfortably communicate with clients from different cultural and language backgrounds, to understand their business practices.
Nina’s recent experience includes:
- publicly examining a company officer in the investigation of the company’s director for breaches of the Corporations Act;
- prosecuting and defending debt recovery claims;
- acting for a foreign company in a claim against a former agent for breaches of equitable duties;
- acting for the liquidators in the public examination of a luxury project builder for breaches of directors’ duties under the Corporations Act;
- defending a $1m+ breach of contract claim against a foreign company in the gaming industry;
- acting for an incorporated club in the prosecution of a claim for equitable fraud;
- the subdivision and development of the largest master planned community in Tasmania;
- drafting, advising, and reviewing the contract suite for a $352 million water infrastructure investment project in Queensland;
- acting in the adjudication and dispute resolution of a multimillion dollar petrol station development in the Gold Coast;
- acting for a funds manager in the development of two vertical retirement residences totaling 253 luxury apartments;
- acting in a dispute involving a high profile project builder;
- advising and developing training programs for industry associations on the application of the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020; and
- statutory demands, set aside applications and winding up applications.