Merryn is a property and commercial lawyer with broad experience in:
- commercial property law transactions such as sales and purchases of commercial property (including shopping centres and factories)
- general commercial transactions including sales and purchases of business and liquor licensing
- wills and estates management.
She works for corporate groups, national and international companies, high net-worth individuals and family businesses, developers, retailers and landlords.
Merryn is an accessible operator with a commercial mind, and a keen willingness to work with clients to facilitate their objectives in a timely manner.
- sales and purchases of businesses such as wineries, restaurants, cafes and supermarkets
- sales and purchases of commercial property
- liquor licensing for importers, winery groups, cafes and restaurants
- general property matters including: registering plans of subdivision, adverse possession applications, estate-related property transactions (including transfers to and from testamentary trusts and SMSFs), missing title applications and title amendment applications
- administration of estates and probate work including testamentary disputes such as preparation for court proceedings, mediation and round table conferences
- leasing of commercial properties (including renewals, variations and assignments).
Memberships and Associations
- Committee member of the Victorian Women Lawyers (VWL) networking committee and VWL member
- Member of Future Leaders Owning Success (FLOS) – Cornwalls’ women’s association
- Member of the Melbourne Cricket Club
- Member of the Melbourne University Renegades
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Bachelor of Arts, History & Sociology – Monash University
- Master of Laws, Juris Doctor – Monash University
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia