Lesley has broad-based skills in corporate, commercial and revenue law with particular expertise in tax technical issues, corporate structuring and governance, negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts and private agreements, private company capital raising, privacy law and consumer protection legislation compliance.
She also assists charities and not-for-profits in undertaking mergers and corporate restructures, and regularly establishes charities (including public benevolent institutions and health promotion charities) seeking ACNC registration, tax concessions and DGR endorsements.
Lesley aims to understand the totality of an issue, transaction or arrangement and the client’s objectives, while identifying the critical pathways and delivering an outcome that applies both operational and technical legal expertise.
- implementing a multinational joint venture structure including equity and related party debt funding and corporate governance documentation, tailored to the operating jurisdiction and shareholding profile;
- advising a large private group with significant trading and passive asset holdings in relation to a family agreement to achieve intergenerational succession planning in respect of various trust, partnership and corporate structures;
- designing and preparing scheme documentation for a private equity fund employee incentive scheme;
- advising on the commercial and tax consequences of a partition of a family owned group with significant property investments owned through a variety of structures;
- completing founder and seed round capital raising (including ASIC disclosure requirements) and preparing key commercial documentation (eg terms of service and privacy documentation considering EU GDPR) for an online booking platform;
- providing advice and preparing objections in respect of the application of income tax (including capital gains tax), superannuation guarantee charge, GST, land tax and transfer duty;
- advising a multi-entity research institution on the transition to a consolidated entity structure and overhauling its internal governance policies and procedures;
- advising an operator of a major annual public event on privacy and data protection matters;
establishing a charitable foundation for an AFL club to undertake its philanthropic activities;
assisting an organisation to implement corporate governance changes and re-register as a charity (at both state and federal levels) following revocation of registration; and
establishing a range of charities (including public benevolent institutions and health promotion charities) and obtaining tax concession and DGR endorsements.
- Bachelor of Laws – La Trobe University (Hons)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- High Court of Australia