Joshua has broad-based skills in corporate and commercial law. His particular expertise includes mergers and acquisitions as well as drafting, negotiating and advising on various commercial contracts. He is otherwise well-versed in providing advice in relation to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), Australian Consumer Law, and general corporate governance issues.
Joshua’s legal drafting expertise extends to:
- share purchase agreements;
- business and asset purchase agreements;
- company documents, including constitutions, shareholder agreements, resolutions and officer engagements;
- trust-related documents, including trust deeds and unitholder agreements;
- services agreements, customer contracts and general business terms and conditions;
- sponsorship agreements;
- subscription agreements; and
- term sheets, heads of agreement and MOUs.
He is also experienced within the insurance industry, having previously practised as an insurance lawyer.
Joshua’s recent experience includes:
- acting in various corporate transactions in the mid-market;
- creation of various investment funds;
- advising companies regarding the laws regulating trade promotion lotteries and such competitions in Australia;
- acting in the sale of multiple medical practices; and
- undertaking due diligence in relation to M&A transactions.