Jessica has experience practicing in employment, industrial relations and safety law. She has acted for both employers and employees across various industries, including retail, information technology, hospitality and automotive industries.
Jessica takes a logical and commercial approach to resolving client issues.
Jessica’s recent experience includes:
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts and service agreements;
- advising clients on the application of industrial agreements and modern awards;
- preparing and reviewing workplace policies and procedures, including bullying, harassment, discrimination, personal leave, annual leave, workplace health and safety, social media and dispute resolution and grievances;
- advising on termination entitlements;
- representing clients in unfair dismissal claims;
- advising on employer superannuation obligations;
- assisting employers through the termination process, including preparing meeting guidelines, consultation letter and termination letter;
- advising employers on breach of employment contracts;
- preparing due diligence reports advising on the employment implications of proposed corporate transactions; and
- advising clients on the implications of engaging an independent contractor as compared to an employee.
Pro Bono & Community Work
Jessica is a volunteer at St Vincent de Paul Society. She participates in the Education Program which provides tutoring and assistance to students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.