Giang is an experienced tax practitioner. He has expertise in a range of taxation matters, including corporate tax issues for privately owned groups, income tax offsets and indirect tax concerns focusing on duties.
He previously worked at Pitcher Partners, where he split his time between working in a tax technical role (supporting the tax consulting practice) and working directly on various client-facing matters
Prior to joining Pitcher Partners, Giang worked within the SRO as a Senior Review Officer and within boutique multidisciplinary accounting and legal firms.
He is fluent in Vietnamese and Teo Chow/Chiu Chow (a Chinese dialect).
- various submissions to the ATO and the Treasury on draft legislation, law companion guidelines, practical compliance guidelines and documents;
- advising clients on various income tax (CGT, residency, Division 7A, ESIC, FATCA and CRS), duties, land tax and payroll tax issues;
- advising a new local bank as well as various managed investment funds on the impacts and implications of the FATCA and CRS regime;
- successful applications to the ATO for private rulings on the ESIC status for biotech companies;
- advising on and preparing objections regarding the application of income tax (including CGT), land tax, payroll tax and duties;
- preparing and contributing to the development of tax technical training within the tax consulting division as well as other divisions of the firm; and
- determining, preparing and advising on the administration, policy and legal application of state taxes (land tax, payroll tax and duties).