Ellen is a tax lawyer who has skills in corporate and commercial transactions and provides tax advice with a commercial and practical perspective for clients.
Her experience covers the application of income tax, state taxes, transfer pricing, value shifting and drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements. She also has expertise in the preparation of wills and estate planning documentation to implement effective and efficient structures to achieve intergenerational asset transfers.
Ellen seeks to understand the legal frameworks that her clients operate within, always aiming to mitigate their risks.
Ellen’s recent experience includes:
- providing advice and preparing successful objections in respect of the application of income tax, payroll tax and stamp duty;
- preparing wills and estate planning documentation for the purposes of succession planning;
- advising a large private group with significant passive asset holdings in relation to a family agreement to achieve intergenerational succession planning in respect of various trust, partnership and corporate structures;
- advising a start-up organisation from inception to global expansion and preparing all relevant structuring documentation;
- assisting in the establishment of multiple managed investment schemes and preparing an information memorandum, investment management agreement and constitution for each scheme;
- preparation of key transaction documents, including term sheets, loan agreements MOU’s, shareholder and unitholder agreements;
- advising on the transfer pricing regime and preparing various agreements to document the application of the regime; and
- advising and implementing the AMIT regime to various managed investment schemes to enable AMIT election and compliance.
Nominee – Taxation, Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 Awards 2021