Damian has over 20 years of experience in Banking & Finance, and has expertise in bilateral lending, construction finance, syndicated loans, project finance, oil and gas, asset finance, restructuring and agri-finance.
He has acted for major banks, non-bank financiers and borrowers in Australia, Japan and England, and has worked on major transactions in those jurisdictions. This included living in Japan for five years, where he worked on some of the world’s largest transactions.
Damian has also worked in-house with two major Australian banks and has undertaken secondments with a bank and a non-bank lender.
- advising a major non-bank lender on a series of significant transactions entered into in response to COVID-19
- advising an Australian bank on a $50m loan for the construction of social housing
- advising a global bank on regulatory issues in Australia
- advising a major Australian bank on the review of loan documentation for many clients
- acting for a New Zealand lender regarding security issues in Australia
- reviewing wind farm leases for a major Australian bank
- advising a major Australian bank on the financing of a $200 million, 48 level inner city apartment tower
- drafting and negotiating priority and intercreditor arrangements for various clients
- acting for a major Australian bank in the restructure of a large agricultural managed investment scheme
- acting for a Japanese company in the US$2.4 billion acquisition of an IT company
- acting for a German bank in the US$15.1 billion acquisition of a Japanese telecom
- acting on the project financing of a US$12 billion oil and gas project in Sakhalin