Brent has practised law for over 25 years and has worked with and advised a diverse range of clients across many business sectors and industries. Brent has extensive experience in intellectual property protection, technology and research, franchising and distribution, and corporate advisory.
Brent’s combination of firm and in-house positions gives clients the benefit of significant specialist knowledge, paired with the commercial experience to provide succinct and practical advice to achieve their strategic objectives.
In addition, Brent is a Royal Australian Navy Lieutenant and has experience in Law of the Sea, salvage law and maritime enforcement.
- identification, management and protection of commercially valuable IP
- commercialisation agreements containing options, rights of first refusal to exclusive licences and royalty stream formulation
- information technology and software licensing/support
- corporate structuring for the protection and commercialisation of valuable IP
- IP audits and valuation
- privacy and data security
- domestic and international research project agreements with industry
- Cooperative Research Centres
- M&A in a range of sectors, such as quarrying, real property data analysis, hardware, engineering fabrication, and waste treatment
- infrastructure and asset procurement for Defence equipment, IT systems, waste materials recovery facilities, and heavy vehicles
- manufacture and supply agreements (domestic and off-shore)
- distribution agreements for 4-wheel drive products and equipment, sportswear, bathroom and kitchen appliances, and hot water systems and related products
- joint ventures with industry and government
- franchise agreements, disclosure and Code compliance across a range of sectors such as retail food, kit homes, sporting apparel, heavy vehicles, swimming pool sales and maintenance