Brent has practised law for over 25 years and has worked with and advised a diverse range of clientsacross many business sectors and industries. Brent has extensive experience in intellectual propertyprotection, technology and research, franchising and distribution, and corporate advisory.
Brent’s combination of firm and in-house positions gives clients the benefit of significant specialistknowledge, paired with the commercial experience to provide succinct and practical advice to achievetheir strategic objectives.
- identification, management and protection of commercially valuable IP
- agreements containing sophisticated commercialisation machinery (options, rights of first refusalto exclusive licences and royalty stream formulation)
- information technology and software licensing/support
- corporate structuring for the protection and commercialisation of valuable IP
- IP audits and valuation
- privacy and data security
- domestic and international research project agreements with industry
- M&A in a range of sectors, such as quarrying, real property data analysis, hardware, engineeringfabrication, and waste treatment
- infrastructure and asset procurement for Defence equipment, IT systems, waste materials recoveryfacilities, and heavy vehicles
- manufacture and supply agreements (domestic & off-shore)
- distribution agreements for 4-wheel drive products and equipment, sportswear, bathroom andkitchen appliances, and hot water systems and related products
- joint ventures with industry and government
- franchise agreements, disclosure and Code compliance across a range of sectors such as retailfood, kit homes, sporting apparel, heavy vehicles, swimming pool sales and maintenance