Bishoy specialises in complex civil litigation and dispute resolution, representing ASX listed entities, large and small proprietary companies and high net worth individuals in a broad range of practice areas, both at first instance and appeal.
His clients include litigation funders, property developers, professionals, liquidators and administrators.
Bishoy has been fortunate enough to gain extensive experience acting in highly complex and interesting disputes, including long-running administrations, fraud, property disputes and Director &Officer claims.
- an ASX-listed company alleging fraudulent and dishonest conduct by its former director,secretary, accountant and legal representatives;
- the administrators of an ASX-listed entity in a claim against its directors, officers andprofessional advisors;
- the liquidator and former administrators in a priority dispute in one of Australia’s longestadministrations;
- a litigation funder in class action litigation;
- a well-established property developer in a partnership dispute arising from several years ofinformal dealings and specific performance of a deed;
- a minority shareholder alleging oppression and unfair treatment, while defending allegations offraud;
- the majority shareholders regarding the tax implications of improperly claimed franking credits;
- a property developer seeking to compel an owners corporation to consent to the registration of astaged development;
- a suite of companies against an alleged shadow director for depleting the value of thosecompanies and engaging in illegal phoenix activity;
- a company and its sole director, secretary and shareholder in defending a claim that an employeewas entitled to a share of the business of the company as an informal partner.
Pro Bono and Community Work
Bishoy has advised and acted for refugees and persons with limited means in a range of matters on a pro bono basis, including victims of fraud, domestic abuse, family law and parenting disputes, criminal proceedings and medical negligence.